Bicycle Straight Pull Spokes and Nipples value combo pack. Ideal for high-end wheelsets, simply choose length straight pull spoke you require for your wheels!
- Straight pull spokes with round head are made of a high quality stainless steel, black in color
- Diameter: 2.0mm (standard 14G plain gauge)
- Length: Please select your required spoke length from the dropdown
- Straight pull spokes are more common on higher end wheels and racing rims
- Compatible with all major wheel brands: Fulcrum, Mavic, Campagnolo, Shimano, DT-Swiss, Enve, Zipp and many more
- Each pack contains 12 stainless steel straight pull spokes and 12 brass nipples
We chose brass nipples as they are strong and reliable under high tension. Unlike their alloy counterparts they will resist corrosion which is especially important when combined with alloy/carbon rims. Polyax nipple head design works like a ball joint and allows for a better spoke nipple line.
How to Use:
To build (or maintain) a true and straight rim, you will need a spoke wrench tool* suitable for 14G. Ideally this would be complimented with a wheel-truing stand*. Then you can build, maintain or repair your favourite wheelset.
How to Choose the Correct Size Straight Pull Spokes For Your Wheel:
There is no easy way for us to tell you which size spoke you need, every rim/hub/build combination is different. For this reason we recommend these two options:
- Option 1 (easy): Measure your existing straight pull spoke length, from tip to end (including thread)
- Option 2 (significantly more complicated): Use one of the online spoke length calculators
Spoke Length Tolerance:
As a general rule a 1-2mm tolerance in straight pull spoke length is acceptable and rarely effects the build of the wheel. (This of course, goes against the grain for most cycling components whereby sometimes even 0.1mm can be the difference between a perfect fit and not fitting at all.)
Positz Bike Spokes – an Australian Brand Done Well:
Positz bike spokes Australia represent some of the best value products on the market.