Thank you for choosing Positz for your bicycle tyre needs. This installation guide will help you properly install your Positz bicycle tyre while ensuring you avoid pinch flats and check the tyre and tube prior to installation. Following these instructions will help maximize the performance and lifespan of your new tyre. Let’s get started!
Before You Begin:
- Ensure you have all the necessary tools for installation, including a set of tire levers, a pump, and a wrench (if required).
- Check that the Positz tyre you have purchased matches the correct size and type for your bicycle. Refer to the sidewall of your old tyre or your bike’s manual for this information.
Step 1: Pre-Installation Inspection
- Upon receipt carefully inspect your new Positz bicycle tyre for any visible damage, such as cuts, tears, or bulges. If you notice any defects, do not proceed with installation. Contact Positz customer support for assistance.
- Examine the inner tube for any signs of wear or damage. Check for punctures, cracks, or excessive stretching. Replace the tube if necessary. Positz offers a range of high-quality inner tubes suitable for your tyre. Consider using Positz branded accessories for optimal compatibility and performance.
Step 2: Removing the Old Tyre
- Deflate the existing tyre fully by depressing the tube’s valve core.
- Using the tyre levers if necessary, carefully insert them between the rim and the tyre sidewall. Gently pry the tyre off the rim, working your way around the circumference until one side of the tyre is completely detached.
- Once one side is free, remove the inner tube from inside the tyre. Inspect the tube for any signs of damage, and replace if necessary.
Step 3: Installing the New Tyre
- Starting opposite the valve stem, insert one side of the new Positz bicycle tyre onto the rim, ensuring the tyre bead is positioned inside the rim’s channel.
- Proceed to push the remaining side of the tyre onto the rim, using your hands. Avoid using tyre levers, as they can damage the tyre or tube.
- Once the tyre is fully seated on the rim, use your thumbs to carefully check that the tire bead is evenly seated all the way around the rim’s circumference. This step is crucial to prevent pinch flats.
- Inflate the inner tube slightly, just enough to give it shape. Insert the valve stem through the valve hole in the rim.
- Working your way around the tyre, gently push the inner tube into the tyre and ensure it is not twisted or pinched between the tyre and the rim.
- Starting at the valve stem, begin inflating the tube gradually, ensuring the tyre bead remains seated properly on the rim. Use a pressure gauge to monitor the inflation pressure and inflate to the recommended PSI indicated on the tyre sidewall.
Step 4: Post-Installation Check
- Carefully inspect the tyre and tube once again for any visible defects or misalignments.
- Ensure the valve stem is securely tightened to prevent air leaks.
- Check the tyre pressure using a pressure gauge and adjust if necessary.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed your new Positz bicycle tyre. Remember to regularly check the tyre pressure and inspect your tyres for wear and damage. By using Positz branded accessories and following these instructions, you can enjoy a smoother ride while reducing the risk of pinch flats. Happy cycling!
If you have any questions or need further assistance, don’t hesitate to contact Positz customer support.