Positz Freewheel Removal and Installation Tool:
Fits all Shimano Freewheels made since 1985. Also fits SRAM, SunRace, Sachs and other splined freewheels.
Removal is necessary when freewheel is worn or damaged, and may be necessary to replace a broken spoke. When using, be certain tool is fully engaged in the freewheel before applying force to remove. Removal is performed by turning tool counter-clockwise, using either an adjustable wrench or by inserting the tool in a bench vise. The wheel’s quick release skewer or axle not should be used to hold firmly in place until freewheel is loosened.
- Essential Bike Maintenance Tool: Brilliant value freewheel removal tool makes for simple cassette removal, when used in combination with a chain whip, and installation again
- Designed specifically to fit 7-12 speed Shimano
- High quality heat treated steel, heat treated designed for long-term workshop use: one inch base fits wrench or bench vise
- Suitable for all bicycle mechanics – professional and DIY
- Genuine Positz brand – Designed in Australia, made in Taiwan
- Spline count: 12
- Internal (axle) diameter: 11mm
This is a Positz product designed specifically to work with the following:
- Compatible with Shimano Dura-Ace, Ultegra, Di2 electronic, 105, Deore, SLX, Alivio, XT and more
- Also compatible with SRAM, Sachs Aris and Sun Race
- Works with nearly any type of bicycle: Road bike, MTB, gravel, cyclo-cross (CX), urban, city, commuter, eBike and more
- For use with all the major bike brands, including Giant, Specialized, Trek, Merida, Schwinn, Cannondale, Kona, Colnago, Bianchi, Raleigh, Cervelo, Orbea, BMC, Focus, Jamis, Eddy Merckx, Pinarello and many more